On 27 October 2013, the Axle, Wheel and Carriage Museum reopened its doors to the public. Now, the collection presents itself in entirely new surroundings and with a new concept.
The museum has been closed since 2008 for thorough refurbishment and modernisation. A light, friendly foyer and further exhibition rooms, where the collection is presented, have been added to the museum. The exhibition has been redesigned, with many new exhibits adding emphasis. In particular, BPW’s company and product history since 1948 has been upgraded and brought up to the most modern standard.
Several interactive stations encourage the visitor to playfully try out individual chassis components or to call up information about the invention and distribution of the carriage. Informative text plates guide visitors through the topic areas and explain even complex content in a manner easily understood by any person.
Now, the museum is open every Sunday from 1 pm to 5 pm. Demonstrations in the smithy also take place every first Sunday of the month during the normal opening hours. More information regarding opening hours and guided group tours can be found here.
1 pm to 5 pm.
The museum is closed on bank holidays.
Daily free guided group tours by prior arrangement.
Museum Achse, Rad und Wagen
BPW Bergische Achsen KG
+49 (0) 2262 / 78-1280
+49 (0) 2262 / 78-6579